They say the pen is mightier than the sword. Well, I have both.
Hey there, thanks for stopping by! I'm Lucas and I warmly welcome you to my website.
I'm a Gen Z writer (born 1998) who likes to create content that empowers readers online surrounding mostly five topics.
While my target audience for the longest time has been kids, teens, and young adults (members of my own generation), anyone looking for a little boost to their life that doesn’t sugarcoat the truth can find value in my content. I talk about my Gen Z status because I want my fellow youth to know I'm relatable, and not an old person who doesn't "get them" and the struggles they face today.
The five topics that I mostly cover are:
- Motivation - Find the courage to get started, or the strength to keep going.
- Perspective - Try these lenses on for a change. It could mean a world of difference.
- Self-Improvement - Your biggest project in life is you. Never stop working on it.
- Relationships - People surround you. It might be helpful to know how to get along with them.
- Life Lessons - Tried and true pieces of advice passed down to the adults of tomorrow.
You can find all the categories of things I write about on my Explore page.
My mission statement, if I had to make one, would essentially be:
To challenge the way people look at things and provide them with a different lens, so that they can stride through life with confidence and make decisions that will lead to happier, healthier, and stronger lives.
A lot of my content here is paywalled. If you'd like to take a peek at my writing before becoming a paid subscriber, I invite you to look at my Hall of Fame articles. They're free to read for everyone and always will be.
Why am I qualified?
I’m not going to try to sell myself like I’ve got everything together, because I don’t. But I’ll tell you what I do have under my belt:
I grew up in an abusive family while also having little to no friends to rely on for support. I pulled through because I taught myself how to be independent on strong on my own.
As life had deemed, there weren’t people in my immediate circle I could go to for guidance and advice. I had to go through the trenches and the mud alone. What seemed like hell at the time ended up being invaluable experience and wisdom that I now wish to share with others so that their journeys may be less turbulent and difficult compared to mine.
My heart goes out to people, especially kids, teens, and young adults in my generation who are in need of guidance and support but don’t have a reliable person or source to turn to.
I know what it’s like to need that shoulder to lean on, but to not have it.
I know what it’s like to crave that light at the end of the tunnel, but to not see it.
I know what it’s like to feel like it’s you against the world. When you’re lost and backed into a corner and not sure of what to do.
And with my primary audience being kids, teens, and young adults, I don’t want them to have to go through those kinds of emotions alone, the way I did.
Through my content, I like to think of myself as a big brother of Gen Z. A role model who’s relatable and can point youth in the right direction. Someone who imparts practical and realistic advice that doesn’t prioritize feelings and desires over truth.
This is who I want to be, and this is how I want to help.
- I’ve been creating content on and off online since 2015. And I’ve been writing about mostly those five topics I listed above.
- My writing material has spanned platforms such as Twitter, Medium, LinkedIn, Quora, Instagram (yep, I use Instagram for writing content too), and more. I’ve also been able to hone my voice and messages through other platforms, such as my own podcast, YouTube channel, Twitch.TV streaming, and more. Some of these I don't use anymore, but I have experience with them.
- I’m a writer for multiple notable publications on Medium, such as The Writing Cooperative, The Shortform, Dialogue & Discourse, Change Your Mind Change Your Life, and the owner and editor of my very own publication, Life Advice for the Adults of Tomorrow (LAFTA).
- I have a whole album of testimonials submitted to me from kids, teens, and young adults thanking me for changing their lives for the better. What you see there isn't everything by the way.
- I launched a newsletter in July 2023 (recent, at the time of writing this) that I send out once a week to provide content on Motivation, Perspective, Self-Improvement, and more, without forsaking the Truth. It's on the front page of my website if you wanna subscribe.
- Most recently, I’ve been 2x published in Tango Magazine after an editor reached out to me and wanted to republish my work there.
Who am I outside of writing?
One of the paid subscriber benefits is that paid subscribers get to know me more closely as a person, but I'll spill a few beans for you here:
- I practice MMA as a hobby. This is what I mean by the subtitle of this About page; my MMA side is the sword.
- I have a pretty wide taste palette and like all kinds of food. Some food I love: ramen, sushi, and Korean BBQ. Some food I don't like: endives, wheatgrass, and oysters.
- I used to be addicted to video games. When I realized it was a problem, that's when I replaced gaming with martial arts. My favorite game of all time is World of Warcraft, and I played a lot of Rogue and Paladin. I basically went from PvPing in game to IRL lol.
Anyway, I appreciate you stopping by to read this. I hope to see you on the inside of your email inbox.